During Q2, Fortumo added several new payment connections that you can launch through your existing integration, as well as making improvements to our payment and bundling products. Check out the updates from the quarter below!
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch.
New payment connections
The following new payment connections are now available on Unified SDK:
- Mobile operators (DCB): Plus in Poland, Base in Belgium, Proximus in Belgium
- Mobile wallets: ShopeePay in Indonesia, Alipay in China, Toss in South Korea
Unified SDK product improvements
Unified SDK gives merchants access to Boku’s direct carrier billing and digital wallet connections while the checkout flow is managed by Boku. This makes launching multiple payment connections through one integration simple and scalable.
During Q2, the following features were added to Unified SDK:
- Added new authorization flow – redirect authorization – for payments on some mobile wallets.
- Started displaying consumer’s MSISDN on subscription cancellation page, making it easier for the user to understand which of their phone numbers they are subscribed from.
- Added capability for users to cancel subscriptions which are in suspended status.
Trident Bundling Platform improvements
Boku’s Trident Bundling Platform lets streaming services (VOD, music, cloud gaming) easily set up multiple bundle and reselling offers with telcos (mobile operators, TV and STB providers, ISP-s) through one integration.
During Q2, the following features were added to the Bundling Platform:
- Added renewal (for Fortumo-managed subscriptions) and active bundles count metrics to the bundling analytics solution.
- Added new parameter failure_redirect_delay which can be used for specifying the time before the user is redirected away from the error screen. If the time is set to 0, then the redirect happens instantly.
For merchants using Unified SDK, added overview of pending connections to Boku’s Dashboard’s Connections tab. Merchants can now see which launches are waiting behind approval, in addition to the previously displayed live connections and available connections.
- Infographic on mobile wallets highlighting key things merchants need to know about mobile wallet specifics in emerging markets
- Market report on Central & Eastern Europe
- Market report on Latin America & Iberia