Mobile wallets are now the world’s most popular payment type
Despite this, there has been a lack of quality, consistent information around the global, mobile payments landscape. Global businesses find themselves in a position where they are reactive to the payments that are made available to them, instead of proactively planning their mobile payments acceptance strategy.
This is why Boku has created the 2021 Mobile Wallets Report
Nearly 60% of the world’s population will use mobile wallets by 2025
There are 2.8 billion people using mobile wallets today, and that’s projected to grow to 4.8 billion by 2025. The 2021 Mobile Wallets Report features data from 19 countries across Asia Pacific, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Global Trends & Market Forecasts
- The Fastest Growing Mobile Wallets in the World
- Mobile Wallet Users & Transactions in 2020-2025
- Market Share of Mobile Wallets by Country
- Insights and Analysis by Market
54 mobile wallets had over $1 billion in transactions in 2020
We project that number will reach 69 by 2025, a 27% increase. This report will help you understand which mobile wallets are most important for your mobile payments acceptance strategy.
- Southeast Asia is projected to be the fastest growing region in the world, with 311% user growth from 2020-2025
- Africa & the Middle East are projected to grow by 147% over the same period
- Latin America is projected to grow by 166% over the same period